Anthony Volpe Reveals Long-Term Goal Ahe

Anthony Volpes stock rose tremendously after an impre sive campaign in Edwin Diaz Jersey Single-A ball last season. So much so that the 20-year-old shortstop is now the No. 1 prospect in the Yankees farm system.This has created a back-and-forth debate regarding whether the Yankees should sign a top shortstop in free agency or add a stopgap option until Volpe reaches the majors.The shortstop position, of course, is an area of need for the Yankees at the big-league level after Gleyber Torres committed 18 errors a season ago and was forced to move back to second base. Luckily, Volpe showed significant promise in 2021, slashing .294/.423/.604/1.027 OPS with 27 home runs and 86 RBIs acro Tim Tebow Jersey s 109 games between low and high A ball.This has left the Yankees with a tough decision to make at shortstop ahead of the 2022 season.Volpe, who the Yankees selected 30th overall in the 2019 MLB Draft out of New Jerseys prestigious private school Delbarton, appeared on David Cones podcast on the recently and was asked about the difficult decision that his performance has created for the organization. The New Jersey native gave a humble and mature answer about the situation, calling it a surreal position, considering he grew up a fan of the team.I know I probably sound like a broken record, but at the end of the day, whether it happens this year, next year, whatever, Id just really like to stay in the present and just work every day to try and become that player that one day is that player wins multiple World Series with the Yankees, said Volpe.READ: I think thats the long Wilson Ramos Jersey -term goal and I have a lot of short-term goals that I can control. Thats kind of all Im really focused about and wherever the chips fall, they Gregor Blanco Jersey fall.Volpe also went on to to reveal that his focus lies on reaching the majors to help the Yankees take things to the next level, as the club has failed to reach the World Series in 12 consecutive seasons since capturing their 27th title in 2009.Were going to compete, said Volpe. We may fail and it may feel weird for a little bit, but ultimately I think everyones bought into the fact that if we do this, if we train this way, itll make us better players in the long run.While Carlos Correa and Trevor Story remain as the top shortstops on the market that New York Mets Custom Jersey will be available after the lockout, the Yankees are le s likely to splurge on one of these stars due to Volpe and fellow top prospect shortstop Oswald Peraza nearing the majors. They also have their eyes set on po sibly extending Aaron Judge prior to the regular season, which makes a scenario of landing a big money free agent even le s realistic at this point.Scroll to ContinueRegardle s, the Yankees should be in good hands with Volpe once he is ready to debut. And the minor leaguer has already shown impre sive poise and maturity before turning 21 years of age.MORE: