David Stearns Steps Down as Brewers Pres

The name that the Mets have been linked to for quite some time is stepping down from his role.On Thursday, the Milwaukee Brewers announced that David Stearns will step Milwaukee Bucks Jersey down from his role as president of baseball operations.Stearns will remain in an advisory role to Brewers' ownership and the baseball operations department. General manager Matt Arnold will fill the role previously held by Stearns.So, what does this mean for the Mets?If the Mets hired Stearns, he would be inserted above general manager Billy Ray Allen Jersey Eppler, who has already received the green light from team owner Steve Cohen to continue to make baseball decisions this offseason.Word is that New York would still need permi sion from Brewers owner Mark Attanasio if they wish to approach Stearns about their president of baseball operations vacancy.However, Stearns said at his pre s conference that he is not going anywhere. He also cited the extensive commitment as president of baseball operations as a reason for stepping down."This is a OJ Mayo Jersey job that requires complete and total commitment," Stearns said at his pre s conference. "When I began to hesitate about whether I could make that commitment, I knew it was really time to contemplate a change."Scroll to ContinueFor now, it doesn't sound like Stearns would be open to taking on a president of baseball operations position with another club. That being said, the Mets, and others could still Jabari Parker Jersey attempt to approach the Brewers about speaking Rashad Vaughn Jersey with him in the near future.As Andy Martino of later reported, in response to the Stearns news, Steve Cohen told him that Eppler is in charge and the Mets are focused on other things right now.So, the Mets will not be requesting to interview Stearns, and Eppler will remain in charge of the baseball ops department.-- -