Rangers Ready - But Pitchers Catchers D

WHITTS END: 2.18.22*Not a good week for pro sports PR guys. Former Los Angeles Angels communications director Eric Kay is facing a minimum sentence of 20 years in jail after a jury found him guilty of distributing the drugs causing the death of the team's former pitcher Tyler Skaggs.Skaggs was found dead in a DFW hotel room while the Angels were in town to play the Texas Rangers in June 2019. It was determined he asphyxiated on his vomit after ingesting fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol. He was only 27 years old.And closer to home *Though we butted heads profe sionally more than a couple times during my five decades Yan Gomes Jersey covering Jones Cowboys, I was floored this week to learn that the perpetrator of was media relations director Rich Dalrymple.He denies pointing his cell phone at undre sing cheerleaders in 2015, but a couple curious coincidences: If he was totally innocent, why would the team pay the settlement? Why would he receive a disciplinary letter? Why did he abruptly retire without a retirement party, pre s release, anything a couple weeks before this story broke?I wrote a couple weeks ago that a tell-all book by Jones right-hand man the last 30+ years would be juicy. The chapter about Dalrymples alleged voyeurism would be even more compelling.*Once upon a time the Dallas Cowboys tried to mimic the 2021 Los Angeles Rams, pushing all their poker chips to the center in a go-for-broke ploy to finally win a championship.It was 2006 and at training camp in Oxnard, California Jerry Jones brought in the likes of receiver Terrell Owens and kicker Mike Vanderjagt, while putting his trust in Hall Andrew Miller Jersey -of-Fame coach Bill Parcells who sported a T-shirt that read Whos All In? , Weve made decisions that indicate were going for it this year. Its pretty obvious we have high expectations.Quarterback Drew Bledsoe was a house of cards. Plans changed. Tony Romo emerged. Ultimately, a bobbled field-goal hold snuffed Jones strategy into another Texas Fold Em.After watching the Rams hit the Super Bowl jackpot 15 years later, should Jones who will turn 80 next season make drastic do-or-die moves again in 2022? Or, has he already? A year after breaking the bank to keep quarterback Dak Prescott and , he retained both coveted coordinators and coach Mike McCarthy, if not in an unusual work environment. .While the Rams added players such as Matthew Stafford, Odell Beckham Jr., Von Miller and Eric Weddle on the fly, the Cowboys pieces are seemingly ready to fit into a puzzle. Against a first-place schedule in 2022, it might be difficult for Dallas to replicate 12 wins, 27.5 points per game and 34 takeaways.Nonethele s, I wouldnt blame Jones if called up Parcells and asked to re-introduce those vintage 2006 tees.*Despite Thursday nights rout of the Pelicans in New Orleans, theres just nothing to suggest this Dallas Mavericks team is championship caliber.At the All-Star breaks of the two seasons they advanced to the NBA Finals, the Mavs were winning at least 70 percent of their games. In 2006 they were 41-11 (78.8); in 2011 40-16 (71.4). As Luka Doncic heads to Cleveland this weekend, these Mavs are only 35-24 (59.3). Good news: Since New Years Eve they are 19-6. Bad news: Four of those six lo ses came against teams below .500, including inexplicable lo ses to 13-47 Orlando and 18-40 Oklahoma City.Id feel great about their chances of winning a playoff series for the first time since 2011 if in the first round they played the Pelicans. On Dec. 1 they scored a season-high 139 points in New Orleans and Thursday night made nine 3-pointers and scored 45 points in the first quarter of another easy win.Scroll to Continue*We're numb to the lunacy of Luka's stats, but this one sticks out in a week in which he scored 51, Cody Allen Jersey 45 and 49 points: Only 22 times in NBA history has a player produced a game of 45+ points/ 15+ rebounds/ 8+ a sists. Doncic has done it twice in the last four days.*This is the week that pitchers and catchers report. before we see new Texas Rangers Marcus Semien and Corey Seager. One of these days theyre going to be the best Christmas gift we all forgot about.If you are a baseball person - and if youre reading this, you are - I bet you agree with me that this labor dispute marks a mi sed opportunity to capture our Springtime hearts.*Lotsa talk about Matthew Staffords Hall-of-Fame resume being . Current Cowboys that would get a whiff of Canton with a championship? Zack Martin (7 All-Pro, 7 Pro Bowls, 2010s All-Decade). (4 All-Pro, 8 Pro Bowls, 2010s All-Decade). (2 rushing titles, 2 All-Pro, 3 Pro Bowls). Even Jim Thome Jersey Mike McCarthy (1 Super Bowl, 143 Wins, 10 Playoffs in 15 Seasons).*Not a great week for DFW wildlife. . . But, mostly, the sad saga of a fallen eagles nest at White Rock Lake. In the latest episode in The Wind is Good For Nuthin, this weeks 25-mph gusts blew a 100-pound nest out of a tree that belonged to Bald Eagles Nick and Nora. .*Hoping the statue of limitations has long expired, Im going to tell on myself. In 1991-92, a long-time friend got me involved in a pyramid scheme called Friends Network. Pay some money in, bring in three friends below me and voila one day I drove to a cabinet company outside Denton and walked away with a manilla stuffed with $12,000 cash. So I kinda sympathize with . Still not sure there are victims in those schemes, only risk-acknowledging losers.** .*Was watching ESPN this week when forced to listen to NFL reporter Kimberley A. Martin. During an NFL roundtable discu sion she was asked if she thought Mike McCarthy would be the Cowboys coach at the end of the 2022 season.Her answer (and, no, Im not kidding): Ehhhhhh, hopefully for sake? Honestly, I mean, thats, I, I just feel like this situation this is not going away. They Larry Doby Jersey have to not just start off strong they have to, like, continuously win all season.Hopefully? For sake? Sorry, but thats embarra sing amateur analysis I can get on any barstool in America.*Would you polar plunge into a 40-degree swimming pool? No. Then, how about doing it for charity? (maybe).*After a two-year absence because of COVID, one of the coolest events in DFW returns next month. And this year the St. Patricks Day Greenville Avenue Parade should be more festive than ever with Grand Marshal Dirk Nowitzki. Immeasurable upgrade from .*Price of succe s, er, popularity: Good chance the Cowboys who opened the 2021 NFL season playing in the defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers home opener on a Thursday night serve as the same fodder for the 2022 opener in L.A. i